Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as “Shine the Light” Law, allows California residents to request and obtain from businesses once a year, free of charge, information about their personal information (if any) a business has disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. Businesses are not obligated to furnish this information if they do not share personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes without the consumer’s express consent. Del Taco does not share consumers’ personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes without consumers’ consent. California residents may request further information about our approach to this law by writing to our legal department: General Counsel
25521 Commercentre Drive, Lake Forest, California 92630 Attn: CA Privacy
Table of Contents
- Collection of Personally Identifiable Information You Submit to the Sites
- Usage Information Collected
- Information from other sources
- Message Boards, Forums and Communities
- Use and Disclosure of Information
- Links To Third Party Sites and Content from Third Party Sites
- Updating your Information and Your Communication Choices
- Ad Serving
- Consent to Transfer
- A Special Note To Parents
- Questions? Contact Us
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information You Submit to the Sites
We may collect “Personally Identifiable Information” (which is information that could reasonably be used to identify you personally, such as first and last name, e-mail address, credit card and mobile telephone number) at certain areas of our Sites, such as when you sign-up to receive newsletters, purchase merchandise and gift cards, apply for a job or complete our franchise opportunity inquiry form. We may also collect certain demographic information (such as gender or age) and information about your interests and preferences (collectively, “Demographic Information”). If we combine Demographic Information together with Personally Identifiable Information, then such combined information will be treated as Personally Identifiable Information.
Usage Information Collected
We and our third-party service providers, including analytic companies, use technology that automatically or passively collects certain information whenever you visit or interact with the Sites or one of our advertisements on another website (“Usage Information”). This Usage Information may include your browser type, the URL that referred you to our Sites, and areas within our Sites that you visit, among other information. We may use Usage Information for many purposes, including to enhance our Sites. We collect your IP address or other unique identifier for your Device used to access the Sites (“Device Identifier”). A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device used to access the Sites, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. When we associate Usage Information or a Device Identifier with you, we will treat it as Personally Identifiable Information. We may use the following methods, among others, to collect Usage Information:
- Cookies. A cookie is a data file placed on a Device when it is used to visit the Sites. A Flash cookie is a data file placed on a Device via the Adobe Flash plugin that may be built-in to or downloaded by you to your Device. Cookies and Flash cookies may be used for many purposes, including, without limitation, remembering you and your preferences and tracking your visits to our web pages. If you choose to disable cookies or Flash cookies on your Device, some features of the Sites may not function properly.
- Web Beacons. Web beacons are small graphic images or other programming code (also known as "1x1 GIFS" or "clear GIFs"). We may include web beacons in our web pages and e-mail messages. Web beacons may be invisible to you, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a web page or e-mail can act as a web beacon. Web beacons may be used for a number of purposes, including to count visitors to the Sites, to monitor how users navigate the Sites, and to count how many e-mails that were sent were actually opened.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Sites, such as the links on which you click. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your Device from our web server or a third party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Sites, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
Information from other sources
Message Boards, Forums and Communities
The Sites may offer message boards, forums and other public areas (collectively, "Community Forums") where visitors submit photographs, writings, pictures, questions, comments, suggestions or other content, (collectively, "User Content"), which may include Personally Identifiable Information.
Use and Disclosure of Information
- Third Parties Providing Services On Our Behalf. We may use third parties to perform certain services on behalf of the Sites, such as hosting the Sites, designing and/or operating the Sites’ features, tracking Sites’ analytics, ad serving, and enabling Del Taco to send you e-mail newsletters or performing other administrative services. We may provide these companies with access to user information, including Personally Identifiable Information, to carry out the services they are performing for you or for Del Taco. While we may use third-party analytics service providers to evaluate and provide us with information about the use of the Site and viewing of our content, we do not share Personally Identifiable Information with these analytics service providers. However, analytic service providers may set and access their own cookies, web beacons and embedded scripts on your Device and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you, including Usage Information.
- Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions. We may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (each, a “Promotion”) through the Sites that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you agree to the terms, conditions and/or official rules that govern that Promotion. If you choose to enter a Promotion, Personally Identifiable Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion’s official rules, such as on a winners’ list.
- When You Agree To Receive Information From Third Parties. You may be presented with opportunities to receive offers or information directly from third parties. If you agree to have us share your Personally Identifiable Information, we will disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to such third parties and the information you disclose will be subject to those third parties’ privacy policies and practices. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of such third parties. If you decide that you no longer want to receive communication from a third party, you agree to contact that third party directly.
- Business Transfer. We may share Personally Identifiable Information with our subsidiaries and affiliates for internal reasons. We also reserve the right to disclose and transfer all information related to the Sites, including, without limitation, your Personally Identifiable Information, Demographic Information and Usage Information: (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Sites or applicable database; or (ii) in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of Del Taco’s stock and/or assets or other corporate change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
Links To Third Party Sites and Content from Third Party Sites
The Sites may include links to other websites that are operated and controlled by third parties. These third parties may collect their own Usage Information or solicit and collect Personally Identifiable Information. Del Taco is not responsible for the practices or content of any third party website.
The Sites allow certain interactions between the Sites and your account on a Third-Party Site (“Third-Party Site”). The use of this functionality may involve the Third-Party Site providing certain information, including Personally Identifiable Information, to the Sites. For example, when you register with the Sites, you may choose to use your Facebook or other supported account from a Third-Party Site to facilitate the registration and login process on the Sites. If you choose to use this functionality, the Third-Party Site may send Personally Identifiable Information about you to the Sites, which we will then treat as Personally Identifiable Information.
Updating your Information and Your Communication Choices
Also, please note that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases and that residual data may remain on backup media or for other reasons. If you have made any public postings on the Sites, such as in Community Forums, these communications cannot generally be removed. In addition, we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
We use DoubleClick to serve our advertisements across the internet. DoubleClick may set and access their own cookies, web beacons and embedded scripts on your Device and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you, including Usage Information and they may share that Usage Information with us. For more information about DoubleClick, including information about how to opt out of these technologies, go to https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/ and click on the “Opt Out” section.
Consent to Transfer
The Sites are operated in the United States. If you are located in the European Union or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to, processed in and stored the United States. By accessing our Sites, you consent to the transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States, a jurisdiction in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen.
We incorporate commercially reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your Personally Identifiable Information. When you place an order for merchandise, your sensitive Personally Identifiable Information such as credit card number, is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL). However, no data transmission over the Internet, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use the Sites and provide us with your information at your own risk.
A Special Note To Parents
This is a general audience web site and we do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from children younger than 13 years of age (“Child”). If you are a Child, please do not send any information about yourself to us. If we are notified that a Child has submitted Personally Identifiable Information to us, we will delete that Child’s Personally Identifiable Information.
Questions? Contact Us